Monday, January 3, 2011

Under the Tree

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season with family, friends and loved ones.

This is my mom's tree, beautifully decorated in white and gold. I really enjoyed wrapping my gifts to put under it, using pretty scarves gathered into a bow with an elastic. It's insanely simple, doesn't require anything disposable and looks very fancy!

And it's really easy to take it up a notch by slipping an ornament or little decoration into the bow, or using a bit of ribbon.


I've collected the scarves for some time, all secondhand, and I have quite a nice stash now in various sizes, that can be used for all occasions.

They are ideal to use when traveling, hardly taking any space. The wrapping goes so quickly, I leave everything unwrapped until I arrive. And since I see people over a period of a few days, as some gifts get unwrapped I reuse the scarves to wrap more.

It's so fun and easy I can't imagine wanting to use paper to wrap presents ever again!

1 comment:

Liz said...

That's a really good idea, Amber. I like your Mum's washstand, too.